At a time when many drivers are visiting Bloomington Ford for small, fuel-efficient cars, Ford has unveiled an even bigger version of their Expedition. It might seem oddly timed, but the fact is that the sale of full-size SUVs increased more than 20% in 2016, and the trend is expected to continue throughout this year.
Although the size might be surprising to many new car buyers initially, there are multiple reasons that the new Ford vehicle is a better choice than they might imagine at first glance, especially for families looking for a versatile vehicle.
- Lighter Build – In spite of its “Super Size,” the new model is actually lighter than its predecessors due to the aluminum body. The Expedition is four inches longer, and it sits on a wheelbase that is three inches longer. In addition, the Expedition EL is one inch bigger on the same size wheelbase.
- Made in the U.S.A. – The new Ford is being built in Louisville, Kentucky where Ford is contributing to the community with job opportunities.
- Sleek Style – The SUV is based on the style of the popular F150, but the Expedition has a much sleeker style. It also retains the independent rear suspension that the model is known for.
- The Driving Technology of the F150 – Pro Trailer Backup Assist, adaptive cruise control, and lane-departure and parking assists are carried over from the F150 to the Expedition, along with Wi-Fi that is capable of handling as many as ten devices with a 50-foot range. There are a dozen power points, and an optional rear-seat entertainment system is available with Sling TV.
- More Interior Space – Larger dimensions outside translate into more room on the inside. The vehicle can seat up to eight passengers, or drivers can fold down second- and third-row seats to increase cargo space. A configurable cargo management system lets you create double-decker load space or raise a wall that prevents some items from rolling out of the space when the tailgate is opened.
When the 2018 Ford Expedition arrives at Bloomington Ford, the bigger appearance of the SUV may initially seem like too much vehicle for someone’s needs. However, thanks to the lighter build, engine auto stop-start, and active grille shutters, drivers will be happy to know that they will be getting better fuel economy than with previous models.
The extra space and all the gadgets on the inside make the 2018 Expedition a great choice for families who need more room for passengers and the stuff they need to take along. The flexibility of the folding seats lets each family adapt to their needs for all types of events. It’s also convenient for all types of enthusiasts who like taking their gear and their friends or teammates along for the ride. The flexibility of the fold-down seats lets you customize the space that is right for you and your gear.
There is also a lot to like regarding simpler features like the seventeen places made to place drinks and a USB port that comes with the rear-seat entertainment package to provide connectivity to your home cable TV through Sling; these details make it more entertaining and comfortable for passengers of every age.
Families tend to put safety above all else when choosing a car. The 2018 Expedition doesn’t disappoint, with a 360-degree camera system, collision mitigation, enhanced active park assist, and a lot more!
To get the best deals on new or used cars for sale in Bloomington, IN, give us a call at 812-331-2200. We offer the newest models and the most dependable used cars that Ford drivers have come to demand, at the price you want to pay.