The Ford F-150 is one the most well-known pickup truck around the world. It is Ford’s most popular truck line since Ford started rolling out trucks in the F-Series and for the past 40 consecutive years. With 2018 Ford F-150 models arriving at Bloomington Ford later this year, let’s take a look at some of the changes Ford made when it redesigned the F-150 for the upcoming model year.
- Headlights – Ford changed the placement of the accent and border lighting around the low- and hi-beam lights, and also changed the turn signal indicator while retaining the same current look.
- Wheels – All of the wheel designs have been revised for 2018, with six different options to choose from in several different sizes.
- Front Grilles – Ford incorporated the grille it used on the refreshed Super Duty line and it is now also being used on select 2018 F-150s, which will feature a new two-bar grille available in several different versions, depending upon the trim level selected.
- Taillights – Ford also made a minor update to the taillights and will now have two individual LED borders rather than just a single one.
- Tailgates – The tailgates on select models will feature an imprinted, stylish banner across the middle rather than the current Ford logo. The logo on these models has been moved to the lower right-hand side of the tailgate. Models without the imprinted banners have a new graphic design where the “F-150” logo has been removed and is instead stamped directly into the sheet metal of the tailgate, directly under the Ford logo.
- Engines – Ford has designed four new engines for the 2018 F-150. There will be a turbo-charged diesel available as a V6 3.0 liter, along with three different revised gasoline engines:
- V6 2.7 Liter EcoBoost
- V6 3.3 Liter
- V8 5.0 Liter
- Luxury Audio System – On select models, there will be the option for a Bang & Olufsen stereo system, which is the same type of system found in upscale, luxury European vehicles.
- Adaptive Safety Improvements – The new F-150s have had several changes made to the adaptive safety features. The forward collision warning system now can detect pedestrians. On models with cruise control, the F-150 can fully stop the truck if other safety sensors detect potential collisions.
- Wi-Fi Hotspot Capabilities – Ford plans to offer an optional Wi-Fi hotspot on the new F-150s which will use a 4G LTE cellular connection. Ford has not announced which carrier it would use nor a pricing point for data usage.
- New Transmission – Ford is borrowing the 10-speed automatic transmission from the 2017 Raptors and incorporating it into all 2018 F-150 models.
As you can see, most of the refreshed updates for the 2018 F-150s are minor, but they do add to the style and appeal of one of America’s best-selling truck lines. With the 2018s on their way, now is a great time to save even more on 2017 F-150s. Stop on by Bloomington Ford today or call us at 812-331-2200!