An increasing need among potential buyers at car dealerships in Indianapolis is the demand for more vehicles with greater fuel efficiency. In today’s economy, more people are doing everything possible to stretch their hard-earned dollars, and one of the best ways to do that with your car or truck is to take the necessary steps to save on fuel. Below are a few tips to help your dollar go a bit farther when it comes to fuel efficiency:
- Common Sense Rules – Rapid acceleration, speeding, and slamming on the brakes all contribute to lowering gas mileage by up to 33% on highways and 5% during standard city driving. You can stop this by simply driving with more sense.
- Tire Maintenance – Keep your tires properly inflated. This can aid in reducing fuel usage by up to four percent.
- Tame the Air Conditioner – Try to decrease your need for the climate controls. By overusing the air conditioner, you can use up to 15% of your vehicle’s fuel.
- Turn Off the Engine – Don’t leave the engine running. By letting your car idle, you risk using as much as a half-liter of gasoline per hour, depending on the size of the engine. Remedy this by avoiding things like running your engine to warm up your vehicle in cold weather.
- Proper Car Maintenance – Using high quality motor oil, keeping your tires aligned, and maintaining your car through regular scheduled tune-ups will go a long way in attaining better fuel efficiency.
Are you in search of a vehicle with better gas mileage? Call Bloomington Ford today and let one of our trained sales professionals point you in the right direction.