The Lincoln Continental is back, and it is outshining leading competitors, including foreign luxury vehicles like the Volvo S90.
Lincoln revived the legendary Continental brand in 2017, and the new vehicle has been greeted warmly by critics, Lincoln dealers, and the car-buying public. The new Lincoln Continental offers superb performance, powerful engines, and lots of great features. The Volvo S90 doesn’t offer the same power, and it’s a bit overpriced.
Consider some of the advantages of the 2018 Lincoln Continental:
- Performance – The Lincoln Continental clearly outguns its European rival when it comes to power. The base-level engine generates 305 horsepower, while two turbocharged options deliver 335 horsepower and 400 horsepower. The Volvo S90 offers two engine options—a 2.0-liter four-cylinder base engine that cranks out 250 horsepower, and a twin-charged engine that delivers 316 horsepower.
On the road, the Continental provides drivers and passengers with a composed, soft ride. The vehicle also handles very well for its size and has excellent braking power. Drivers who travel on less-than-wonderful roads will be happy to hear the Continental offers an all-wheel-drive option.
- Cargo space – The new Continental offers 17 cubic feet of cargo space in the trunk, great for stashing a set of golf clubs or your suitcases for a weekend getaway. The Volvo S90 is less generous, with just 13.5 cubic feet of space.
- Cabin – The new Continental lives up to its predecessors’ reputation by offering a top-quality cabin with very comfortable seats and great materials. The cabin design is neat and elegant, and controls are easy to find and use. The Volvo S90 also has a luxury cabin, but it just doesn’t measure up to the Continental.
The Continental also has lots of great standard features, including Ford’s SYNC 3 infotainment system. The SYNC 3 stands out among infotainment systems, in that it’s easy to use and reliable. Many other infotainment systems by auto manufacturers are buggy and have confusing controls. By comparison, the SYNC 3 is a joy to use.
- Reliability – The Continental won’t keep you in the repair shop. Last year’s model earned a four out of five rating for reliability from J.D. Power and Associates, and there’s no reason to doubt the 2018 model won’t do the same. By comparison, the Volvo S90 only gets average ratings for reliability from J.D. Power & Associates. Both vehicles get excellent reviews for driver and passenger safety, however.
- Price – Luxury doesn’t always have to be expensive. The new Lincoln Continental proves that by offering a fantastic car that is well below prices for other vehicles in its class. The new Lincoln Continental starts at about $45,000, and a fully outfitted model will start at around $63,000. The Volvo S90 starts at $46,950.
If you’re interested in what the new Lincoln Continental has to offer, Indianapolis Lincoln dealers at Community Ford Lincoln can indulge your curiosity. Stop by today for a test drive and to talk to knowledgeable and experienced sales staff about the Continental and other great Lincoln products.