For a stylish, fun-to-drive crossover SUV that’s still practical and reliable, the Ford Escape has everything you’re looking for. Now available at Indiana Chevy dealerships, the 2018 Ford Escape builds upon the success of the previous year’s complete overhaul of the model.
The well-rounded Escape does everything a good crossover SUV should: It offers plenty of cabin and cargo space, good fuel economy, some great tech features, and more than a little get-up-and-go.
If you’re on the fence about whether to buy an Escape, consider these points in its favor:
- Three available engines – Consumers can choose from a 2.5-liter 165 horsepower engine, an EcoBoost turbocharged engine that cranks out 179 horsepower, and a 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine that generates 245 horsepower. Whether you just need a comfortable commuter or need something with a little more oomph for towing, the Escape has you covered.
- Easy infotainment – Lots of automakers include infotainment systems with their vehicles, and most of them are pretty terrible. Ford’s SYNC 3 infotainment system is the rare exception, offering a user-friendly experience. Escape drivers can access SYNC 3 through a comfortably sized 8-inch touchscreen.
- Top-notch interior – The 2018 Ford Escape’s cabin gets high praise for providing an upscale-looking interior for the vehicle. Materials are good quality and the seats are comfortable and supportive. The Escape offers 34 cubic feet of regular cargo space that expands to 70 cubic feet of space
- All-wheel drive – Escape buyers who want all-wheel drive can pick an Escape outfitted with this option. All-wheel drive transfers power to each wheel, providing added traction, which drivers who travel over challenging roads or terrain will appreciate. The vehicle also offers a tow package, which uses stability control to compensate for movement caused by towing a trailer.
- Lots of trim options – The Escape can be as spartan or as fancy as you like. Ford offers four trim levels—the S, SE, SEL, and Titanium. The base level Escape offers some good standard features, including a rearview camera and the SYNC 3 system. The Titanium pulls out all the stops, with keyless ignition, LED signature lighting, rear parking assistance, blind spot monitors, 18-inch wheels, a larger touchscreen, and more. For the most bang for your buck, automotive reviewers recommend the SEL trim.
- Safety – The 2018 Ford Escape gets a perfect five-star-overall crashworthiness rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The new Escape offers a variety of active safety features—more than most of its competitors. Available features include lane departure warning, forward collision warning, automatic braking, adaptive cruise control, and more.
- Fuel economy – The new Escape gets 21 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway, which is pretty good for its class. Fuel economy has been improving for SUVs in recent years, as car manufacturers have incorporated lighter bodies and improved engines into their vehicles.
Community Ford Lincoln, an Indianapolis Ford dealership, carries a wide selection of Ford Escapes and other great Ford vehicles. Stop by today to take a test drive and talk to a sales representative about financing and special offers.