The 2018 Ford Focus has a little something for everyone—a hot hatch for speedsters, a fuel-efficient sedan for commuters, and an all-electric version for eco-warriors. Relatively inexpensive and loaded with lots of standard features, it’s a great buy for value shoppers.
If you’re in the market for a new small vehicle, here are a few reasons why you should consider the new Ford Focus:
- Great driving experience – The Focus doesn’t deliver a lot of power unless you opt for the performance-oriented ST and RS hatchback versions of the vehicle, but it does handle quite well on the road. The transmission shifts smoothly, and the Focus breaks well. Steering is responsive, and the vehicle corners well on winding roads.
- Excellent fuel economy – The Ford Focus delivers great fuel efficiency for its drivers. The base four-cylinder gets 26 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway, and the three-cylinder version gets 30 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway. The all-electric version of the Focus can travel 115 miles between charges.
- Quiet cabin – The compromise many consumers make for a fuel-efficient, inexpensive car is a hellishly loud ride with lots of wind and road noise. The Focus is a delightful departure from that trade-off, offering its drivers a quiet, composed ride with minimal noise. The Focus’ cabin is also surprisingly comfortable, with supportive seats and better-than-expected leg and headroom.
- Fresh new look – Small commuter cars often look bland and boring, but the new Ford Focus is anything but. The Focus has an athletic look with great angles and a bold grille and front end. The performance hatch versions of the vehicle are also very sporty.
- Hatchback option – The Focus is available in a convenient hatchback configuration that folks who want a small car with plenty of cargo space will love. The Focus hatchback version is available in the Focus’ SE, SEL, Titanium, ST, and RS trims. The ST and RS trims are performance versions, and these “hot hatches” offer vastly superior engines to other trims of the Focus.
- Safety – Consumers often worry that small cars won’t be safe, but the Focus’ performance on government crash tests should allay those concerns. The new Focus got a perfect five-star rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Institute for crashworthiness. The vehicle has several great safety features, such as active parking assistance, rearview camera, rear parking sensors, and more.
- Great price – Value shoppers will love the Focus. An entry-level version costs just $17,680, and even the high-tech electric version is less than $30,000. Be prepared to pay north of $40,000 if you opt for the 350 horsepower RS performance version of the Focus, however.
Indiana consumers looking for a 2018 Ford Focus can find a wide selection of new vehicles at Community Ford Lincoln, an Indianapolis Ford dealership. Visit today for a fun, hassle-free car-buying experience with sales representatives dedicated to helping you find a car that’s right for your lifestyle and budget.